Marine Engineering in NIU is approved by Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Govt. of India colleges. The marine engineering qualification needs to fulfilled if you desire to build your career in marine engineering courses.
The B Tech / BE marine engineering eligibility criteria is as follows:-
- 10+2 pass with 60% average marks in Mathematics, Physics, & Chemistry for all categories.
- Students who have successfully undergone a diploma in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical & Ship Building with 55% in V & VI semesters are eligible for lateral entry (can join directly the second year of the course).
- Age limit: Below 24 Years.
- The skills needed to be a marine engineer is good communication skills and not below 50% marks in English in HSC or SSLC.
- Candidates must be physically fit and should have good eyesight.
- Colour blindness or Night blindness or vision correction exceeding +2.5 are not eligible.
- Candidates are admitted to the course only after obtaining Physical fitness Certificates from DGS approved Doctors.
- The candidate should qualify the Noorul Islam University Marine Engineering Entrance (NIU MEE) 2020.
Apart from fulfilling the marine engineering subjects needed, there are some extra skills needed to be a marine engineer. Here are few marine engineering requirements of skills which are as follows:-